Belt and Hose Services
Belts and hoses are often forgotten compared to all that goes into an engine.
However, these little things are what is in charge of the timing of the ignition, cooling of the vehicle and many more functions which help to keep you going. If you are experiencing issues such as faulty starts or an engine running hot, make an appointment with our Repco Authorised Service mechanics at Blackwood Dyno Tune & Service.
Why Work With Blackwood Dyno Tune & Service
- Peace of Mind: We are a Repco Authorised Service Centre in Blackwood. This means that all of the work we perform is backed by the Repco Nationwide Guarantee.
- Great Mechanics: Our team loves what they do and they are always learning more thanks to service bulletins and training seminars.
- Great Value: As part of the Blackwood neighbourhood we strive to find the best deals and offer the best value to our clients.
- We offer Loan Cars (bookings essential).
- Free Pick Up & Delivery service to the local area.
Belt and Hose Services from Blackwood Dyno Tune & Service Includes:
- Coolant Hose Replacement
- Air Intake Hose Replacement
- Transmission Cooler Hose Replacement
- Power Steering High Pressure Hose Replacement
- Power Steering Low Pressure Hose Replacement
- Serpentine Belt Replacement
- Timing Belt Kit Replacement
- Drive Belt Replacement
- Clamp Replacement
Rubber engine cooling system hoses should be replaced every 100,000km, as failure usually starts on the inside of the hose, cracking outwards. Failure will not be noticed until a coolant leak occurs.
Rubber belts, especially timing belts, are usually recommended for replacement at 100,000km (some manufacturers have different schedules, sometimes as little as 60,000km).
Belts and Hoses: Common Symptoms and Causes
Belts and hoses suffer much wear and tear in a vehicle. These little parts are always in motion and can break down over time. Depending on the conditions which you are often driving in, the life of belts and hoses will differ. Some of the common symptoms and causes of belt and hose issues in a vehicle include:
- Car will not start because timing belt has slipped.
- Timing in the engine is not functioning properly because of broken teeth on the timing belt.
- Squealing sounds from the engine due to belt slipping.
- Overheating because of a broken fan belt or faulty coolant hoses.
Our mechanics are trained to always check the status of your belts and hoses. Catching an issue early on can save you a headache later.
For routine maintenance or to repair an issue with your belts and hoses, make an appointment at Blackwood Dyno Tune & Service today!